It’s time to get ready!
Council is committed to building a resilient community that is prepared for, can respond to, and recover well, from disaster events when they happen.
To familiarise children with severe weather and its potential impacts, council offers the disaster management schools program.
Tailored to years 5 and 6, the program equips students with the knowledge and tools they’ll need to provide meaningful assistance to their family and community before, during and after an extreme weather event.
The program is also a great opportunity to bust some myths about disaster management and emergency responses.
Being prepared is everyone’s responsibility, no matter how young or old you are!
Book a session for your school
Submit the Get Ready program school booking form (DOCX, 197.08KB).
Factsheets for program modules
- module 1 – what is a disaster (DOCX, 2.81MB)
- module 2 – ferocious flooding (DOCX, 2.59MB)
- module 3 – sinister cyclones (DOCX, 3.67MB)
- module 4 – blazing bushfires (DOCX, 2.93MB)
- module 5 - harsh heatwaves (DOCX, 2.81MB)
- module 6 – Sunshine Coast heroes (DOCX, 2.48MB)
- module 7 – let’s get ready (DOCX, 1.3MB).
For more information, please contact council’s Disaster Management team via [email protected].