- Last updated:
- 14 Jun 2020
2018 data indicates that more than 116,000 Australians are homeless. There are also 189,000 Australians that are on social housing waiting lists. The main causes of homelessness are poverty, unaffordable rents, and family violence.
- working to examine the issues of homelessness in the local area
- supporting referrals to community services and
- undertaking strong social messaging and advocacy work.
If you’re experiencing homelessness or are housed but at risk of homelessness, including experiencing domestic and family violence you can call:
- Homelessness Hotline: 1800 474 753
- DVConnect: 1800 811 811
- Men's line: 1800 600 636.
Sunshine Coast Housing and Homelessness Directory
The Sunshine Coast Housing and Homelessness Directory is a pocket-sized guide. It contains details for organisations that are providing services:
- to people at risk of homelessness
- to people currently experiencing homelessness.
Council developed the directory with the Sunshine Coast Housing and Homelessness Network. The directory aims to improve access to information and referrals to community services.