- Last updated:
- 16 Jan 2019
The purpose of the project is to address the condition of the northern pond and consider the safety, quality and community values of the southern pond.
You are invited to answer a short questionnaire to assist with gathering information, which is essential to help shape the future of Jessica Park. Please complete the online survey or alternatively print the survey and send to ParksCapitalWorks@sunshinecoast.qld.gov or mail to Sunshine Coast Council, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre Qld 4560.
Submissions Close: 5pm on Friday 14 October 2016
Where to from hereSubject to community feedback, council will consider improvements to the existing open space in accordance with the concept plan including:
- filling the northern pond to provide additional open space and reduce ongoing safety issues
- assessing the environmental and recreational values of the southern pond and
- improvements to the open space drainage.
In 2013 council investigated the condition of the constructed ponds at Jessica Park. Investigations found that:
- both ponds could benefit from water quality improvement
- the northern pond could not hold water for prolonged periods
- the catchment of the park was not large enough to sustain both ponds
- safety issues existed
- maintenance of both ponds was costly and unsustainable,
For more information, please contact council’s Landscape Architect on (07) 5420 8952.