- Last updated:
- 22 Jun 2018
Love to walk, run or ride along our spectacular coastline? Council invited the community to have your say on Sunshine Coast Council’s Draft Coastal Pathway Master Plan, which aims to expand existing pathways to provide a continuous shared pathway spanning 73 km of our coastline.
The Coastal Pathway is a continuous shared, off-road pathway for pedestrians and cyclists. It extends along the coastline and allows access to, and enjoyment of, the Sunshine Coast’s iconic scenery. The Draft Coastal Pathway Master Plan provides detailed direction on design standards, pathway alignments (routes), implementation considerations (schedule of construction), funding and priorities.
The community was invited to have your say on the Draft Coastal Pathway Master Plan by completing an online survey and providing written submissions.
- coastal pathway master plan report
- map index
- section A maps 1 to 19
- section B maps 20 to 39
- section B maps 40 to 53
- section C maps 54 to 72
- section C maps 73 to 89
- section D maps 90 to 107
- section D maps 108 to 119
The Coastal Pathway Master Plan community consultation period and survey has officially closed.
All survey's received by 23 December were entered into a draw to win great prizes including:
- $1,000 bike shop voucher
- 1 of 3 $100 sport shop vouchers
- 1 of 7 $100 vouchers for surf clubs and restaurants along the coastal pathway route.
Winners will be notified shortly.
Where to from here
Feedback received during the community consultation period will be collated and reviewed. A report on the outcomes of the community consultation will be available via council's website.
The vision for the Coastal Pathway is:
“A world-class scenic coastal pathway, connecting communities, and enriching and diversifying the recreational experience of the Sunshine Coast.
An iconic coastal pathway integrating beaches, coastal lookouts, parks, local destinations, services and business for the length of the Sunshine Coast”.
The Coastal Pathway Master Plan will:
- direct the completion of the 73km long coastal pathway route from Bells Creek in the south to Coolum in the north.
- guide the coastal pathway design standards to provide a safe and enjoyable multi-use pathway
- provide direction on accessibility guidelines, material selections and environmental considerations
- outline a delivery program for the next 10 years prioritising stages based on user needs.
The coastal pathway is one of many recreational infrastructure projects delivered by council to help the Sunshine Coast community achieve a healthy, active and sustainable lifestyle.
If you require further information, contact council customer service on (07) 5475 7272.