- Last updated:
- 22 Nov 2019
Terms and Conditions for the Telstra Sunshine Coast “Telstra People’s Choice Award” (in conjunction with the Sunshine Coast Telstra Innovation Awards) Promotion (“Promotion”).
- Information on how to enter a vote and prize details for the winning Team chosen by the public form part of these terms and conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
- This promotion is being run by Telstra Corporation Limited (ABN 33 051 775 556) of 275, George Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 ("we", “us” or “our”).
- The Promotion will be open from 9am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 28 January 2020 and will continue until 12pm ‘AEST’ on 16 June 2020 ("Promotion Period").
- Anyone except management, employees or contractors of the Promoter may vote ("Eligible Entrants").
- Eligible Entrants will be notified during the mentoring sessions how voting will occur.
- The Awards Finalist with the most Eligible Votes wins. If there is a tie the Promoter will decide the winner from the tied Teams.
- Multiple entries per Eligible Entrant will be accepted. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements.
- The Promoter will count the Eligible Votes at its offices, 43 Plaza Parade Maroochydore. The counting will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter. This is a game of skill only. There is no element of chance in determining the winners.
- The winning school Team will be announced at the final presentation for the Sunshine Coast Telstra Innovation Awards on 16 June 2020 by Telstra.
- In the event that the Prize has not been claimed and used by 5pm AEST on 30 June 2020, it will be either cancelled or re-distributed at the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
- The Promoter’s decision (including any decisions as to prize distribution) is final and will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
- The people’s choice prize for the winning Team is a Telstra Technology Experience – all expenses paid day trip to Sydney to visit the Telstra Experience Centre and tour a content production studio. There is no prize for Eligible Entrants other than the satisfaction of providing encouragement to the students who enter the Awards. For that we thank you.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash.
- The prize winners may be required to sign a release and indemnity form in favour of the Promoter and return that document to the promoter prior to receiving the Prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information provided will only be used for this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The Promoter releases Facebook from each Entrant in to the Promotion.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way after it leaves the Promoter.
- If the Promoter is unable to provide the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of equal or greater monetary value, subject to written directions by the relevant State and Territory gaming departments.
- If a winner chooses not to take their Prize (or is unable to), they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the Prize.
- The Promoter excludes all warranties in relation to supply of the Prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law, is limited to the payment of the costs of having the Prize supplied again.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period.
- The judges’ decision is final. Incomplete, illegible and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
- Any entry from a person who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding.
- By voting, the entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter may use and disclose the information provided by the entrant for the purposes of conducting this promotion and on the terms and for the purposes (including marketing) set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at https://www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy-statement or by calling 1800 039 059, as if they were a customer of the Promoter. The entrant agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them even after this Promotion ends. If the entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Promoter by phoning 1800 039 059.
- By entering into the Promotion, the entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
a) they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
b) the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
c) The Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at anytime, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
d) they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
e) they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
f) they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
g) they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize