- Last updated:
- 10 Dec 2018
Nomination Criteria: Environment & Sustainability Award
Outstanding achievement by an individual, group or partnership that has achieved outstanding environment and sustainability outcomes for the Sunshine Coast community.
The nomination process is through an online submission, please review the assessment criteria and entry rules before completing your Australia Day Awards nomination below.
Demonstrated achievement in one or more of the following:
- Sustainability Innovation - Recognises the outcomes of innovative principles and actions associated with developing sustainable communities
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement - Recognises outcomes that aid in protection of the natural environment focusing on the conservation and rehabilitation of native flora and fauna
- Culture and Landscape - Recognises outcomes which proudly preserve and value cultural history and the Sunshine Coast's natural character and amenity
- Youth Engagement - Recognises positive environmental programs/events which encourage and promote youth initiatives and environmental education and/or achievement.
- Community Action & Partnerships - Recognises highly collaborative outcomes that have resulted in increasing neighbourhood enrichment, including; community beautification, health and wellbeing, community pride, social connectivity and improved environmental and economic outcomes.
- Energy Innovation - Recognises sustainable energy management which focuses on innovative energy efficiency measures, the adoption of renewable technologies and clean energy generation.
- Resource Recovery & Waste Management - Recognises achievement in resource recovery and waste management including initiatives which conserve resources, recover and reuse materials, create new product/markets, and assist in litter prevention.
- Water Conservation and Quality - Recognises outcomes that achieve sustainable water management through innovative water conservation, water re-use initiatives and practices that improve water quality.