- Last updated:
- 08 May 2020
Sunny and Sasha's tips and tricks
- Ensure dogs and cats wear their registration tags and details are up to date.
- Protect your mate and shut the gate when playing with your dog at home or in an exercise area.
- Leash, tag, and bag when going for a walk - keep your dog on lead at all times, unless in a signed leash-free area, and remember to dispose of the poo bag in a bin.
- Leave dogs alone if they are eating or sleeping to stay safe - jumping or sitting on their backs can hurt and make them cranky.
- Refrain from playing tug-of-war games, dogs love to play “hide and seek” instead.
- If you see a dog out roaming, tell an adult as it might not be friendly.
Learn how to greet a dog safely
When meeting a dog you would like to pat, be sure to follow some simple rules:
- Ask a parent or guardian
- Ask the pet owner
- Let the dog come to you
- Pat gently on the shoulder
To learn about the do's and don'ts of how to greet a dog watch the video.