- Last updated:
- 01 May 2018
Council supports all types of events being held on the Sunshine Coast through various programs and services, including the scene program.
scene's program vision is to ensure the Sunshine Coast has a connected, capable and creative community events industry.
Being connected through the Event Suppliers Directory - organisers can search and find relevant event industry suppliers and venues based on the Sunshine Coast.
Event organisers and suppliers are encouraged to subscribe to receive the e-newsletter to stay up to date with event related announcements.
Making our community capable to deliver safe, sustainable and successful events by offering free and low cost educational workshops and information sessions for community event organisers interested in event trends, up-skilling and understanding council funding and permit processes for events.
Being creative in event programming, ensuring community event organisers can connect and promote local artists – from creative producers, artists, street performers, musicians and theatre.
If you are a community, arts or cultural event organiser, an event management student or an event organiser new to the Sunshine Coast, come along to council’s upcoming workshop, The Event Plan.
The workshop will be held on Friday, May 25 at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach from 9am – 4.30pm, and is split into two sessions so there is an option to attend for a half or full day.
Session 1 will cover event management basics and templates, the permit process, and the community grants program (community events category).
Session 2 - presented by leading industry experts, topics will cover safety and security; sponsorship; social media and event recognition.
For full program details, speaker links and to book visit The Event Plan event page.
You can access information on past topics, speakers and slides.
How to get involved with scene
- Subscribe to the e-newsletter to receive scene updates, more information on upcoming events and other industry tips and tricks.
- Showcase an event specific product, talent or service at one of the events.
- Send through ideas, suggestions or feedback on topics you’d like covered.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (07) 5475 7272
This kit contains a number of practical event resource and template documents including (but not limited to):
- Communication / marketing plan
- Event brief
- Event application / permit information
- Event checklists
- Organisational structures
- Risk assessment
Visit the community kit access these documents and more!
- Event Supplier Directory
- Events Sponsorship
- Event permits and guidelines
- Grants and Funding
- Community Halls
- Facilities and Recreation Directory
- Events Hub
- Community Groups Directory
- Sunshine Coast Venues and Events
- Visit Sunshine Coast
- Business Events Sunshine Coast Event Planning
- Local Government Toolbox
- Help with running successful events
- Travelsmart your event
- Tourism Events Queensland
- Liquor Licensing Event Management Templates
- Volunteering Sunshine Coast
- QLD Police Service
- QLD Ambulance Service
- QLD Fire and Rescue
- SES QLD