Date09 December 2020 - 24 January 2021
LocationMaroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden
It's on again!
A secret garden of colour and discovery awaits in the peaceful Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden in Tanawha. Children will follow their senses and delight in making memories amongst the whispering trees and special artworks.
The bushland is a safe, spacious setting - away from cars and crowds - where children can explore their natural curiosity.
Designed for children of all ages, the playscape welcomes families to:
- inhabit a village of tiny mud-houses
- find the pages of a super-sized picture book
- build a mandala from nature’s treasures
- enter a giant turtle sandpit
- become a birdwing butterfly
- find hidden koalas on the painted poles
- solve the Great Botanic Race puzzle
- complete the Agents of Discovery challenges
- explore child-friendly bushland walks.
Limited opportunities to contribute to making the playscape are on offer in December. Get in quick because these activities will sell out!
- Collaborative Ephemeral Art with Laura Vecmane on Friday 11 December (SOLD OUT)
- Painting Pop Up Poles with Damien Kamholtz and Rachel Price on Saturday 12 December (SOLD OUT)
Enjoy the playscape at your own leisure, during daylight hours throughout the summer holidays. With picnic shelters, shaded spots, toilets and easy parking – spend a nature-play day in Tanawha at the Summertime Playscape.
Location51 Palm Creek Road