Date10 February 2021
Price $49 full day; $25 per session (links below)
The impact that COVID-19 has had on businesses and the broader economy has proven how paramount it is for businesses to be prepared for ever-changing conditions and major disruptions.
To support our business community in this challenging time council is offering local businesses an informative workshop series. This 3 part series will empower you with the information, tools and support to help you prepare for, manage and respond to future disruptions.
8.30am for 9.00-10.30am Workshop 1: Strategic Planning in Volatile Times
In our current economic environment, it’s more important than ever to ensure you have a plan in place to future-proof your business.
- Develop or confirm your business vision and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Identify your current and future competitors.
- Identify where you are NOW, WHERE you want to be and HOW you are going to get there.
- Develop (or review) your strategic business plan highlighting key strategies and detailed actions to help you identify and achieve your business goals.
11.00am-1.00pm Workshop 2: Cash Flow and Financial Management
Cash flow and financial management will be crucial to ensuring business sustainability throughout the sustained impact of the COVID-19 crisis. Currently, the benefits of the various stimulus support are providing assistance, but are you ready for the “2021 crunch?” 2021 will see the resumption of rental/mortgage repayments, and March sees the end of JobKeeper support. So, your ability to manage your cash flow will be a critical determinant in your business success
- Understand the financial risks associated with failing to plan, monitor and review your budgets and forecasts.
- Develop your financial management techniques.
- Gain valuable tips on how to manage and forecast cash flow.
- Create strategies and controls to preserve cash reserves.
2.00pm-3.30pm Workshop 3: Protecting Your Profit
This workshop focuses on practical outcomes, not theory. Learn how to use a unique set of tools to drive the profitability and long-term sustainability of your business.
Presenter: Dianne Brown is a Chartered Accountant and Business Advisor with SRJ Walker Wayland. She specialises in identifying the underlying causes of poor profit performance and peeling back inefficiencies undermining your profitability. SRJ Walker Wayland are your local growth and profitability experts.
Location114 Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina