- Last updated:
- 26 Sep 2018
A number of high-resolution data projectors are available for artists. They can be used for conducting public art projection installations. The aim is to build skills, provide employment opportunities and create engaging outdoor events.
The projectors are only available for use by artists that have been commissioned to design a projection for an event or installation. The projectors are:
- EB G7500U Projector with ELPLM08 lens
- Epson EB-G5450 WUNL Projector
Process for Borrowing Projector
To express interest in borrowing the projector:
- Register on the Projection Artist Register
- Email the Public Art Curator for loan requirements.
If the projector loan is approved, an agreement is signed stating that you take responsibility for the projector and will return it in the same state as it was borrowed.
Projection Artist Register
Council has a database which includes experienced artists that are skilled in creating and delivering projection installations for events. To be added to the Projection Artist Register, complete the Projection Artist Register Form.
Council may use the register to advise when projection opportunities arise within the region and undertake targeted consultation.
Projector Loan Conditions
The projector is to be borrowed under the following conditions:
- The projector loan is approved in writing.
- The projector is used only by the artist that signs the agreement.
- The projector is used only at the event or installation stated in the agreement.
- The projector is used only for the projection proposed as stated in the agreement.
- No logos, other than those approved by council, will be displayed in any projections.
- Council must be recognised in some form for their support.
- No advertising will be displayed in any projections.
- Artists must hold current $20 million dollar public liability insurance.
Note: the projectors are periodically serviced and may be unavailable for short amounts of time. Please allow at least a 2 month timeframe for submitting a projector loan application.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to the access to high-end projectors for large scale light art, I have been able to expand my experience and exposure as an artist rapidly. It has enabled me to now work with the likes of Woodford Folk Festival and Queensland Museum on large projection art installations.