- Last updated:
- 09 Apr 2019
Public art, both permanent and ephemeral, is planned to invigorate Caloundra following council’s endorsement of the Caloundra Public Art Plan at its October Ordinary Meeting.
The plan provides a curatorial framework and a three-year activation program, titled Place2.
It will guide public art development and creative activation in Caloundra’s public spaces.
The curatorial vision was inspired by Caloundra’s:
- rich cultural and contemporary history
- aspirations for the future
- its urban heart
- the unique qualities of the natural environment, and
- the character of the residents.
The three curatorial themes that will guide public art outcomes are:
- City of beaches – revolution, reflection and respite
- Embedded in nature – bush to beach.
- Gateways and connections – I See, I See, I See the Sea!
The Place2 program will seek funding to deliver public art activities themed around a Place2Paint, Place2Play, Place2Connect, Place2Discover and Place2Reflect.
The Caloundra Public Art Plan 2018 was developed as an action of the Caloundra Centre Master Plan (2017) and is in line with the vision of the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018-2038.