- Last updated:
- 02 Aug 2022
As the Head of First Nations Arts and Culture at the Australia Council, and prior to that, the First Nations Strategic Development Manager, Patricia brings experience in governance, legal skills and cultural protocol as it applies to the Indigenous sector, to the Board.
Background and experience
- Strategic advice and policy on First Nations arts and cultural sector nationally
- Subject matter expertise provided on First Nations arts and cultural issues on the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts panel annually
- Provided telephone legal advice to Indigenous artists and arts organisations on any arts law issue such as copyright, contracts, insurance, employment, protocols
- Undertook advocacy work on policy issues to do with the Indigenous arts sector including protection of traditional cultural expressions
- Worked on capacity building programs as Indigenous Intellectual Property law fellow, Traditional Knowledge Division, of the World Intellectual Property Organisation
- 2018 Churchill Fellow.
- Beyond Blue RAP Advisory Committee
- World Intellectual Property Organisation, Indigenous caucus, Intergovernmental Committee on Traditional knowledge in Geneva.
- City of Sydney Indigenous Advisory Panel
- Moogahlin Performing Arts Board (Sydney)
- Contemporary Pacific Arts Festival Advisory Committee (Melbourne).