- Last updated:
- 02 Feb 2021
Local artist Nicole Voevodin-Cash has more than 25 years experience as a practicing artist, sculptor and designer. Nicole's underpinning thesis is 'interaction' as a sculptural strategy with an emphasis on socially engaged and enlivened spaces/places.
She has worked tirelessly in promoting creative and artistic practices. These are valued vocations and drivers for our regional identity.
Nicole holds a Master's Degree in Visual Arts and a Post Grad degree in Art Teaching. She has worked as an Education Officer at the Qld Art Gallery, curated, project-managed and participated in various national and state sculpture awards, exhibitions and biennales.
Nicole has travelled widely and taken up arts residences in the UK, Italy, France, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
Background and experience
- Master's Degree in Visual Arts specifically investigating our engagement with art as a sculptural strategy.
- Designed and delivered many large public art commissions for state and local governments. Assisted as an art consultant for various design charrette processes for private and public precincts.
- Managed, curated and delivered major visual arts events including Sculpture by the Sea Noosa, Strand Ephemera Townsville (developed the program for/with Perc Tucker Gallery) and Floating Land Noosa as the lead researcher and project manager for the artist in residency program.
- Participated in major sculptural awards, including Helen Lempriere and the McClelland.
- The only Queensland artist selected for 2018 LANDfall Sculpture Biennial in Lorne, Victoria. She received a regional arts grant (federal) to participate in this project.
- Comprehends the aspirations and restrictions artists face daily including juggling work, family, study and creative pursuits.
- Established RUN Ari early 2019, which is an Artist Run Initiative and alternative exhibiting, studio and collaborative space.
- Current board member of RUN Ari.
- Current board member of the Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance.
- Past board member of ArtSync.
- Previous chair and panelist for Visual Arts, Craft and Design for Arts Queensland.