- Last updated:
- 02 Feb 2021
Working across community and government, Maz McGann has extensive experience in leading the development of strategies, business plans and undertaking evaluations and consultations across a range of areas including arts, culture and tourism.
Maz is the founder and principal of Play Your Part Consultancy and has worked with local councils, arts and community organisations across Australia, and the Federal Government’s Department of Communication and the Arts. Maz brings more than 15 years of strategic and creative thinking and practical experience to the table.
Background and experience
- Cultural Planning: Developed arts, cultural and public art strategies for Councils including City of Whyalla, City of Port Adelaide Enfield, Salisbury City Council, Berri Barmera Council, City of West Torrens. Developed Cultural Tourism Strategy for the Clare and Gilbert Valleys Council.
- Strategic Planning and Review and Funding Development: Supported a range of organisations to develop strategies, review their programs and access funding including Tourism Barossa, D’Faces Youth Arts, Victorian Association of Performing Arts, Three D Radio and the Queensland Music Festival.
- Evaluation, Research and Review: Worked with organisations to review and evaluate their programs and develop better impact assessment and evaluation systems including the Creative Communities Network to develop the Cultural Indicators Framework, both the Department of Communications and the Arts and Arts Access Victoria in relation to art access in the context of the NDIS and Deakin University – testing a model for audience diversification.
- Sector Leadership and Project Management: Worked for the Institute of Creative Health developing a range of initiatives focusing on sector development for the Arts and Health sector nationally. Established a national arts mentoring program linking emerging artists and arts workers with more experienced practitioners nationally.
Current Board Memberships
- Peter Lehmann Arts and Education Trust – Advisory Board Member
- Riddoch Arts and Cultural Trust Board
- SA Regional Health Cluster for the Public Health Network (PHN – Federal Health Org)
- Creative Health Australian Leadership Collective
- Independent assessor for Festivals Australia
- Country Arts South Australia