- Last updated:
- 28 Aug 2018
Collette Brennan has 20 years’ experience in arts leadership and management. Collette has extensive knowledge of arts based practices, issues and opportunities both locally, nationally and internationally. She is an arts consultant focused on national and international audience and market development. Collette was recently appointed the CEO of the Abbotsford Convent, Australia’s largest multi-arts precinct.
Background and experience
- Director of International Development, Acting Executive Director of Arts Development and Director of Market Development at the Australia Council for the Arts
- Executive Director of Brisbane’s internationally acclaimed contemporary circus Circa
- the founding Creative Director of The Edge, State Library of Queensland’s program for children and young people
- General Manager of the Queensland Performing Arts Centre’s Out of the Box Festival for 3 to 8 year olds
- Executive Officer of Youth Arts Queensland, the state’s peak body for youth arts and cultural development
- Lecturer at QUT and in schools as a drama and history teacher
- Youth arts worker in a range of school and community contexts with children and young people.
Current committee memberships
- International Society of Performing Arts Board Member
- Arts Queensland Peer Assessor