- Last updated:
- 08 Jul 2020
Sustainable living is a theme in council's Environment and Liveability Strategy. Sustainability is considered fundamental to good business and decision making and plays an important role in helping to deliver a healthy environment and liveable Sunshine Coast.
Living Smart, simple changes towards sustainable living
Living Smart shares the lastest news, resources and tips that we an do every day towards more sustainable lifestyle choices.
Living Smart is council's free program that:
- celebrates all things sustainable through local and virtual events
- recognises community champions making a difference
- engages like-minded individuals and business by creating a space to connect, share and inspire
- promotes simple steps to living a more sustainable life.
Focus areas include:
- modes of transport
- managing energy consumption
- renewable energy alternatives and resource efficiency (including water and waste)
- food and other consumables (the things we buy)
- our connection to the natural environment and
- the capacity to live within our means/affordability.