- Last updated:
- 02 Apr 2019
There are over 40 bushcare groups you can join across the Sunshine Coast region holding regular working bees throughout the year. No commitment is required, join-in where and when you can.
View the profile book, map and working bee schedule to find out about your local group.
Council provides a wide range of support services to approved groups on council owned lands such as:
- onsite training and guidance
- supply of equipment and materials
- workshops and information sessions
- recognition of efforts
- social and networking activities
How to Join
To become a community nature conservation volunteer register online or contact the group using the details listed in the profile book or working bee schedule above.
How to start a new group
If there is a council reserve you are interested in helping without an existing group, you can apply to start your own.
View the new group application form
For more information contact the Senior Community Nature Conservation Officer on 07 5499 5178 or CommunityNature@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.
Community nature conservation program guidelines
The guidelines explain the objectives of the Community Nature Conservation Program:
- the process for becoming a volunteer
- your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer
- council’s role, rights and responsibilities under the charter.
View the community nature conservation guidelines.