- Last updated:
- 09 Jun 2019
Each financial year, council reports on the outcomes achieved through the Environment Levy program and highlights the key projects delivered in line with the Environment and Liveability Strategy 2017.
Environment Levy Annual Report 2017/18
View the 2017/18 Environment Levy Annual Report interactive flipbook.
- $7,300,000 spent on purchasing nine new properties across the local government area, adding approximately 405 hectares to Council's reserve network
- $820,000 contributed to the protection and sustainable use of our coastal areas through on-ground ecological restoration works
- Approximately $310,000 invested into the delivery of riparian restoration projects to enhance waterway health across the Pumicestone, Maroochy, Mary and Mooloolah catchments
- $512,000 invested into the strategic management of invasive plants and animals guided by the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area Biosecurity Plan 2017
- $595,000 allocated to support 22 Environment Levy-partnership groups
- More than $230,000 invested into building our knowledge through a range of research management and monitoring projects.
If you would like more information about the Environment Levy, contact council