- Last updated:
- 11 Jul 2018
Amendment No.13 Sippy Downs Town Centre Master Plan
On 4 December 2008, council adopted Maroochy Plan 2000 Amendment No. 13 – Sippy Downs Town Centre Master Plan and new Planning Scheme Policy No. 11 – Development in the Sippy Downs Town Centre.
The adopted amendment and new planning scheme policy came into effect on 9 February 2009. The amendment and new planning scheme policy apply to land within the Sippy Downs Town Centre Core and Town Centre Frame precincts, as defined by Maroochy Plan 2000. The adopted planning scheme amendment comprises the following:
- Volume 1: Revised Table 4.5, Supplementary Table of Development Assessment for Centre Precincts
- Volume 2: Minor changes to Section 4, Retail and Commerce
- Volume 3: Revised Planning Area and Precinct Intent provisions for Planning Area 3 – Sippy Downs
- Volume 4: New Code 7.3 to replace the existing Code 7.3 Code for Development in the Sippy Downs Town Centre.
The electronic version of Maroochy Plan 2000 has been updated to include the amendment and new policy.
New planning scheme policy
- identify methods of compliance with the provisions of Code 7.3, Code for Development in the Sippy Downs Town Centre
- provide guidance on council’s policy intent in relation to development in the Sippy Downs Town Centre
- identify information that council may request to allow a development application to be properly assessed
- assist the assessment of development applications by council.
Sippy Downs Town Centre Integrated Water Management Plan (IWMP)
As referred to in Section 9 (Integrated Water Management) of the planning scheme policy, a number of design drawings and sections comprise the Sippy Downs Town Centre IWMP. These drawings are available below and as Drawing Series 9366 from the PD Online website.
|SK01||Water Management Plan West|
|SK02||Water Management Plan East|
|SK04||Stormwater Concept Longitudinal Sections (Line 1, 2, 3, 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3)|
|SK05||Stormwater Concept Longitudinal Sections (Line 4, 5, 6 & 7)|
|SK06||Buffer Zone Swale Indicative Section (including Forest Park West Swale)|
|SK07||High Flow Bypass Indicative Section [PDF 95KB]|
Effect of amendment and policy
The purpose and general effect of the amendment and new planning scheme policy is to:
- implement the revised Sippy Downs Town Centre Master Plan within Maroochy Plan 2000
- ensure that future development within the Town Centre complies with the Master Plan.
The amendment and policy are available for inspection and/or purchase at council’s customer service centres.