- Last updated:
- 11 Jul 2018
At its Ordinary Meeting of 21 August 2008, council adopted a number of planning scheme policy amendments.
Amendment Nos 15 and 16 (planning scheme policies) 30 September 2008
The adopted planning scheme policies are:
- Planning Scheme Policy No. 12 - Biodiversity
- Planning Scheme Policy No. 13 - Preparation of a Bushfire Management Plan
- Planning Scheme Policy No. 14 - Erosion and Sediment Control.
The amended planning scheme policies are:
- Planning Scheme Policy No. 4 - Preparation of Geotechnical Reports
- Planning Scheme Policy No. 5 - Operational Works
- Planning Scheme Policy No. 6 - Transport, Traffic and Parking.
Minor amendments have also been adopted in the Operational Works Code to refer to the new Planning Scheme Policy No. 14 – Erosion and Sediment Control.
Council adopted the proposed amendments to:
- outline how council will assess applications affected by the Code for Nature Conservation and Biodiversity. Also, to provide advice to applicants on how to meet the performance criteria within this code
- advise applicants how to prepare a Bushfire Management Plan that agrees with State Planning Policy 1/03: Mitigating the Adverse Impacts of Flood, Bushfire and Landslide
- provide clear design guidance and technical standards for the preparation and assessment of erosion and sediment control measures
- provide improved guidance for preparing geotechnical reports
- introduce requirements for the bonding of landscaping works and the submission of an approved flood study as part of the plan sealing process
- introduce an amended road hierarchy map.
Start of the amendments
The amendments came into effect on 30 September 2008.
- Amendment instruction sheet
- Amended pages for printing and insertion into hard copies of Maroochy Plan 2000