- Last updated:
- 13 Jul 2018
Council's infrastructure charges resolution has been amended with the adoption of the Sunshine Coast Regional Council Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 7) 2017 (ICR).
The ICR has been adopted in accordance with the requirements of the Planning Act 2016 and the Planning Regulation 2017.
It sets out certain requirements for new development to pay infrastructure charges for the following trunk infrastructure networks:
- parks and land for community facilities
- water supply
In addition to specifying charge rates, the ICR also deals with other matters relevant to the adopted infrastructure charges such as:
- the charges breakup between council and Unitywater
- credits for existing lawful development or for previous contribution payments
- establishment costs for determining offsets and refunds for trunk infrastructure that is provided by development
- conversion criteria for non-trunk infrastructure.
The purpose and general effect of the latest amendments to the charges resolution is to update the Resolution so that it complies with the Planning Act 2016. This includes an update to the adopted charge rates to be consistent with the prescribed amounts stated in Schedule 16 of Planning Regulation 2017. The changes also incorporate other administrative and policy changes.
The ICR has effect on and from Monday 11 December 2017.
Development applications decided on or after this date will have infrastructure charges applied in accordance with the Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 7) 2017.