- Last updated:
- 13 May 2020
The upgrade of McGilchrist Road, Eudlo from a gravel road to a sealed road provides formalised road lanes, and increased visibility for motorists. This upgrade will also help to reduce dust and maintenance costs.
McGilchrist Road will be sealed between Ilkley Road and Dales Road. Work will be undertaken in two stages, with the first stage from Ilkley Road to Culgoa Road and the second stage immediately south of the Dales Road intersection.
Council is now liaising with McGilchrist Road residents on the design for Stage 1.
The final detailed design will be finalised early May.
Stage 2 will be funded in in future financial years.
- Construction Notification March H3356 McGilchrist Road Upgrade
- Project News McGilchrist Road Upgrade
- Project News - April 2018
Where to from here
Stage 1 pre-construction work is scheduled to start mid – late May 2018 with construction expected to be completed January 2019 (weather permitting).
This project will make McGilchrist Road smoother, safer and easier for motorists to drive on. Work includes:
- widening and sealing the road to 8m, which will include a 3m traffic lane and 1m shoulder in each direction
- improving drainage structures including pipes and culverts
- realigning table drains
- improving intersection layout.
As part of council’s 10 year Capital Works Program, a number of gravel roads are identified on a priority basis for sealing each financial year.
Funding for the sealing of McGilchrist Road, Eudlo has been approved for the 2017/18 and 2018/19 financial years.
For more information, please contact council's Project Officer on (07) 5475 7272.