- Last updated:
- 29 Aug 2018
The Draft Sippy Downs Parks Master Plan identifies opportunities and priorities for future upgrades and asset renewal within the park network. The plan will guide the development and management of parks and open space areas at Sippy Downs.
The plan has been developed following consultation with the local community.
During February - March 2018, the Sippy Downs community was invited to review the draft plan, to provide feedback, and to identify priorities for future park development.
A summary of the feedback and responses to the online survey is contained in the Sippy Downs Parks Master Plan Review Summary Report.
All feedback and the results of the online surveys have been carefully considered and, where possible incorporated into the final draft of the plan.
Master Plan Development Phases
Phase 1 – Park User Survey
In October 2016, the community was invited to undertake a Park User Survey
Phase 2 – Review of Draft Master Plan
In February –March 2018, the community was invited to review and provide feedback on the draft master plan.
A summary of the feedback and responses to the online survey is contained in the Master Plan Review Summary Report
Phase 3 – Draft Master Plan Development and Endorsement (August – September 2018)
The draft Sippy Downs Parks Master Plan has been developed based on outcomes of the community review and park network analysis.
Council will finalise the master plan and seek adoption of the plan by council in September 2018.
Once adopted, the plan will provide the basis to seek funding for development and renewal of park infrastructure at Sippy Downs.
Phase 4 Master Plan Implementation (from September 2018)
The final master plan will be implemented through council programs over future years, subject to funding.
Plan outcomes that are currently funded and will be delivered over the next two years include:
Albany Lakes Park – Claymore Road
- Albany Lakes Park footpath connections - linking Albany Street and Fitzwilliam Drive pedestrian path
Albany Lakes Park – Albany Street District Park and Play Space
- Albany Lakes Park and Play Space - Design of Albany Street District Play and Recreation Area
- Multi-purpose basketball half-court, and sports goals
- BBQ replacements
- Kick and throw turf improvements
- Car parking and landscaping
- Playground drainage improvements
- Park signs and entry landscaping.
- BBQ replacements
- Shelter replacement
- Basketball half-court upgrade.
- Master Plan Review Survey Summary Report (2018)
- Park User Survey Summary Report (2016)
- Draft Sippy Downs Parks Masterplan - Part A
- Draft Sippy Downs Parks Masterplan - Part B
- Draft Sippy Downs Parks Masterplan - Part C
- Artists Impression Albany Lakes Park (District Park) – Albany Street
- Artists Impression Albany Lakes Park (District Park) – Claymore Road
- Artists Impression Eaton Park, Fitzwilliam Drive
- Artists Impression Chancellor Village Boulevard Park, Chancellor Village Boulevard
For further information or assistance please contact council’s Project Officer via ParksBusinessTechnical@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au or by phone on (07) 5475 7272.