- Last updated:
- 06 Mar 2017
Council adopted a new Corporate Plan 2017-2021 on 23 February 2017.
The framework for the 2017-2021 Corporate Plan builds on the long term vision Australia’s most sustainable region. The attributes – healthy, smart, creative – define council’s approach to the economy, engagement with the community, the value placed on the environment and how the council operates as an organisation.
The plan is reviewed annually, at the start of the planning and budgeting cycle, ensuring services to the community and the resourcing of the organisation are aligned to council’s strategic direction.
The corporate plan:
- is council's core strategic direction for the next five years
- guides council's decision-making
- identifies key operational actions for the financial year
- is the organisation's primary business planning and performance tool
- steers budget operations and resource allocations.
The Operational Plan 2016-2017 is the annual operating plan for council and underpins the Corporate Plan 2014-2019.
The Operational Plan has a twelve-month focus. It details the activities and projects that council will undertake during the year to achieve the broader strategic direction and outcomes identified in the corporate plan. They are funded through council's budget.
The quarterly reports provide information to council and the community on implementation of the plans. Council has produced the following reports in relation to the Corporate Plan 2017-2021 and the Operational Plan 2016-2017.
- Quarter 1 2016-17, CEO Quarterly Progress Report
- Quarter 4 2015-16, CEO Quarterly Progress Report
- Quarter 3 2015-16, CEO Quarterly Progress Report