- Last updated:
- 30 Aug 2018
The Timari Street Streetscape project has delivered significant improvements to Timari Street, Menzies Drive and the service road beside David Low Way.
The Timari Street Streetscape upgrade has provided:
- more practical and inviting areas for the community to gather
- improve access for pedestrians and vehicles and
- increase opportunities for local business development.
Major features of the Timari Street Streetscape project included:
- creating new areas on Timari Street including increased footpath space, landscaping improvements, new seating and outdoor dining and event spaces
- improving safety and access for people and vehicles
- improving traffic movements and car parking areas
- installing new public art, feature landscaping and lighting to make the area more attractive and promote the precinct's business and cultural offer
The Timari Street Streetscape project was completed in May 2018.
- Construction notification 9 - April 2018
- Construction notification 8 - March 2018
- Construction notification 7 - March 2018
- Construction notification 6 - February 2018
- Construction notification 5 - January 2018
- Construction notification 4 - November 2017
- Construction notification 3 - November 2017
- Construction notification 2 - October 2017
- Construction notification 1 - June 2017
- Community update 8 - December 2017
- Community update 7 - November 2017
- Community update 6 - September 2017
- Community update 5 - August 2017
- Community update 4 - June 2017
- Pre-Construction Update - June 2017
- Community update 3 - May 2017
- Community update 2 - February 2017
- Community update 1 - June 2016
In 2012 council engaged with the community regarding the future development of the Pacific Paradise Commercial Precinct. A master plan was endorsed by the community including a focus on Timari Street.