- Last updated:
- 04 Feb 2020
The Russell Family Park is a Sunshine Coast Council owned and operated park. This recreational park encompasses 75,000 square metres and features open space, a children’s playground, accessible toilet facilities, a pedestrian pathway network, picnic tables, shelters, electric barbecues, a performance stage, a grassed amphitheatre, a story seat, artwork and an off-street car park.
The Russell Family Park site was purchased by council in 1999 to provide a recreation space for the community and additional car parking for Montville Village. The purchase of the Russell Family Park by council was conditional upon the land being developed for public use including a carpark, toilets, botanical gardens and recreational areas.
Council developed the Russell Family Park Master Plan after extensive engagement with the community. The Master Plan has been progressively implemented since 2001.
The new car park was opened for public use on Friday 27 July 2018. Establishment and maintenance of new trees and vegetation will be on-going.
Further information about the car park upgrade can be found in Project News and Construction Notifications.
- Construction Notification - 4
- Construction Notification - 3
- Construction Notification - 2
- Construction Notification - 1
Where to from here
Council has been progressively developing this parkland since 2001.
The planned upgrades to the park include:
- 2018-19 landscape drainage work to the northern stairs
- 2018-19 major upgrade to the playground facilities including decommissioning of the northern playground
- 2018 -19 improvements to the existing toilet amenities
- 2019-20 landscape upgrades including tree planting, pathways and signage
Updates on the staged implementation of the master plan will be available as implementation progresses.