- Last updated:
- 02 Feb 2019
The Alexandra Heads Skate Park is currently under construction. The design was produced following an extensive community consultation process. It provides a park for skaters of all abilities to enjoy.
Council will replace the Alex Heads Skate Park in line with the Sunshine Coast Skate and BMX Plan to provide a park that is more suitable for increased levels of use. The design offers a modern and innovative skate park that includes many features the community asked for.
Construction of the new skate park is currently underway.
During construction the whole of the skate park will be closed.
You can view alternative skate parks to use during construction in our Beaches and Parks Directory.
Where to from here
The upgrade is expected to be completed in late November 2017 (weather permitting).
The upgrade includes:
- A combination-style park with features for both street and transition users
- Split level advanced bowl with a depth of 6ft – 8ft and an extension up to 9ft
- 4ft mini bowl
- 5ft quarter pipe and 3ft quarter bowl
- Kicker to kicker with A-frame rail
- A stage located under the existing Norfolk Island pine tree, plus seating and shade, offers opportunities for community events within the precinct
- New electrical lighting
- New shelter with USB phone chargers
View details of the community consultation process.
If you require additional information regarding this project please contact council on (07) 5420 8792.