- Wednesday 18 January 2017
Sunshine Coast residents will start receiving their rates notices this week, with payment to take advantage of the early bird discount due on February 17.
Deputy Mayor Tim Dwyer said rate payers could rest easy knowing there won’t be any surprises in the second rates run of the 2016-2017 financial year.
“Council has retained discounts for eligible pensioners and the early bird discount still applies,” Cr Dwyer said.
“Ratepayers who make early bird payments, on or before February 17, will save 5% off their general rates, up to a maximum of $100 each six months.”
There are a range of convenient payment options available, including online, BPAY, by phone on 131 816, in person at Australia Post, at one of council’s customer contact centres or by mail.
Council also has a direct debit option, which can be set up to pay rates in full by the due date, to make life easier for our busy ratepayers.
If you’d like to help council on its journey to become Australia’s most sustainable region, register to receive your rates via email. Simply go to MyCouncil, log on to mycouncil.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.
Your rates ensure council can continue to build a healthy, smart, creative region while also delivering the core services that continue to grow and support a strong community.
To assist with online or over-the-phone payments, property owners will need their payment reference number, found on their rates notice.
Ratepayers who cannot make payment by the due date are encouraged to enter into an arrangement to pay their current rates by instalments.
Ratepayers can complete an online application on council’s website or phone council’s customer service centre.
For rates inquiries, email council at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 5475 7542 between 8.15am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information about rates notices, visit council’s website.
FAST FACTS – HOW TO PAY YOUR RATES
- Online payment – available 24/7 through council’s website (follow the Online Payments link on the homepage)
- BPAY - if registered with your financial institution
- Phone 131 816 - from anywhere in Australia using a credit card
- Australia Post – pay in person with cash, cheque or EFTPOS
- Customer Contact Centres – pay in person from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (locations listed on the bottom of rates notice)
- Mail – pay using cheque or money order to Sunshine Coast, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre 4560