- Wednesday 24 January 2018
Sunshine Coast rates notices have been issued and will start arriving this week.
Mayor Mark Jamieson said your rates ensure council can continue to build a healthy, smart, creative region while also delivering the core services which continue to grow and support a strong community.
“Council’s on-time payment discount gives property owners a discount of 5% off your general rate, up to $100 every 6 months,” Mayor Jamieson said.
“You can also sign up to MyCouncil on council’s website. MyCouncil, offers an online dashboard which allows residents and ratepayers to view their property, rates and animal details, make requests, update details and make payments.”
In addition, there is still a range of convenient payment options available, including BPAY, by phone on 131 816, in person at Australia Post, at one of council’s customer contact centres or by mail.
Council also has a direct debit option, which can be set up to pay rates in full by the due date, to make life easier for busy ratepayers.
To assist with online or over-the-phone payments, property owners will need their payment reference number, found on their rates notice.
Ratepayers who cannot make payment by the due date are encouraged to enter into an arrangement to pay their current rates by instalments by logging into MyCouncil or by calling council’s customer service centre.
For rates inquiries, email council at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 5475 7542 between 8.15am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information about rates notices, visit council’s website.
FAST FACTS – HOW TO PAY YOUR RATES
- Online payment – available 24/7 through council’s website (follow the Pay and Apply link on the homepage)
- BPAY - if registered with your financial institution
- Phone 131 816 - from anywhere in Australia using a credit card
- Australia Post – pay in person with cash, cheque or EFTPOS
- Customer Contact Centres – pay in person from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (locations listed on the bottom of rates notice)
- Mail – pay using cheque or money order to Sunshine Coast Council, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre 4560