- Tuesday 29 July 2014
If you are a young emerging artist, aged between 15 and 30 years of age and living in the Sunshine Coast Local Government area, August 11 is an important date to remember.
This is the closing date of the first ever, Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2014 New Media category.
Community Programs Portfolio Councillor Jenny McKay said the inaugural Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2014 New Media category, presented by Analogue Digital and the University of the Sunshine Coast, offered prizes valued at $15,000.
“Council is an enthusiastic supporter of the latest cutting-edge artforms and the New Media Art Prize showcases the talent of emerging local artists and rewards them with some once-in-a-lifetime prizes,” Cr McKay said.
“If $2,500 cash is not enough to tempt you to enter, there is also:
- a mentorship from local videographer Earthbase Productions valued at $3,000
- a $2,500 public art project and mentoring by James Birrell Design Lab
- a four week residency at The Old Ambulance Station, Nambour
- in-kind design and web promotional advice by Analogue Digital
- and the opportunity to showcase at Analogue Digital Brisbane 2015 valued at $2,500.
“With an application fee of just $20 for any new media artwork such as a digital projection, moving image, still digital image, digital photograph, soundscape or new media installation − this is a fantastic opportunity not-to-be-missed.”
Ten finalists will be chosen to be exhibited at Caloundra Regional Gallery in February 2015.