- Monday 26 October 2020
Sunshine Coast Council is calling for Expressions of Interest from experienced, professional, arts and creative sector leaders to join the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board and help drive arts and culture in the region.
Expressions of Interest will close at midnight on Thursday, October 29.
The inaugural Board was established in 2016 and four positions are now vacant in accordance with the Board’s charter - a two year appointment, maximum two consecutive terms.
The vacant positions include Chair, two strategic business representatives and one industry representative identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
The successful applicants will join the 10-member Board which provides high level advice and direction to council, as it delivers the 20-year Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018-2038.
The Board’s role is to:
- guide, promote and help build the identity of the Sunshine Coast as an arts destination for tourism and industry
- advocate the region’s advantages to secure new investment in arts and cultural infrastructure
- provide strategic advice to council in relation to arts and cultural facilities and infrastructure
- provide advice on strategic direction of wider cultural policy and strategy
- provide opportunities to develop philanthropic activity in relation to the regional arts offer.
The Board strives to reflect the diverse sector it represents and encourages applications from all candidates representing that diversity.
To obtain an information package, including detailed position descriptions, responsibilities and required experience, please contact Positive Solutions on email@example.com or phone Jo Maunder on 07 3891 3872 or 0403 301 832.
Board members are remunerated for their services in line with sitting fee rates for non-government members of Queensland Boards.Find out more about the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board and its Charter.