- Wednesday 21 September 2011
The potential future introduction of the Federal Government’s Carbon Tax has raised many a question from many parts of the community.
Sunshine Coast Council wishes to invite farmers and other stakeholders in rural business to attend a free workshop to hear about how the Federal Clean Energy Future plan will affect rural businesses here on the Coast.
Jointly organised by council and global carbon accounting specialist BDO, the workshop will take place on Wednesday 28 September, from 9.30 to 11am, at Nambour Civic Centre, Centenary Square, Currie Street, Nambour.
Some of the topics covered will be:
- An overview of the new Carbon Tax legislation
- Practical applications of the Carbon Farming Initiative
- New opportunities arising from the Carbon Farming Scheme
- Real life case studies, and practical examples of how it could work you?