- Thursday 03 November 2016
The Sunshine Coast’s leading businesses will be recognised at the 2016 Sunshine Coast Business Awards, which will be held on Saturday, November 5.
Close to 200 finalists have been nominated in over 25 awards, which recognise and reward the people whose efforts make these businesses successful in all conditions.
Mayor Mark Jamieson said that the 2016 Sunshine Coast Business Awards paid tribute to our local business community and recognise great examples of success.
“Sunshine Coast businesses have excelled in their chosen fields and driven great innovations, new technologies, and received recognition locally, nationally and in some cases even globally,” Mayor Jamieson said.
“On behalf of the Sunshine Coast Council, I would like to offer my congratulations to all of the finalists.”
Event organiser Melinda Shelton said that there had been a very high standard of entries this year.
“This year features an impressive list of finalists, which reinforces our belief that the pool of business talent and resilience on the Sunshine Coast indeed runs deep,” Ms Shelton said.
“New to the 2016 awards is the introduction of the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and the finalists are all truly exceptional young business people.”
The Gala Awards evening is a sell-out event with more than 600 who’s who in business expected to attend.
For more information visit https://sunshinecoastbusinessawards.com.au/
- Building & Manufacturing (including Clean Tech and Aviation Manufacturers)
- Creative Industries
- Education & Training
- Food & Beverage
- Health & Wellbeing
- Professional Services (Knowledge Workers and Small Business – Including Clean Tech and Aviation)
- Professional Services (Large Businesses and Consultancies)
- Professional Services Consultancy (Including Clean Tech and Aviation)
- Retail (Including Clean Tech & Aviation)
- Social Enterprise
- Technology (Including Clean Tech and Aviation)
Sunshine Coast Tourism Awards
- Customer Service and Engagement
- Social Responsibility
- Sustainability Solutions
- Employee of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Outstanding Business Person of the Year