- Saturday 14 November 2009
Sunshine Coast Council, in partnership with twelve of the region’s leading industry, government and educational representatives, will announce a new economic development initiative on Tuesday 17 November designed to encourage innovative, export-focused businesses to the Sunshine Coast to achieve the vision to become one of Australia’s most sustainable regions.
Sunshine Coast Council Mayor, Bob Abbot, along with key local commerce and industry partners, will detail case studies on businesses already successfully operating in the region (including host venue, Gourmet Garden), introduce the Sunshine Coast’s newest international investor and report some compelling statistics that demonstrate the region’s enormous potential.
The following partners will be in attendance for interview and photo opportunities:
- Sunshine Coast Council Mayor, Bob Abbot
- Sunshine Coast Councillor, Lew Brennan (Chair, Economic Development and Entrepreneurship)
- Colin Graham, Chief Executive Officer, Innovation Centre
- Myles McNamara, President, Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce
- Greg Livingstone, Chair, Noosa Biosphere Economic Sector Board
- Stephen Dittmann, Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland
- Julie Swain, Principal Regional Development Officer, Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
- Ian Montague, Director, Centre for Managed Strategies, Sunshine Coast TAFE
- Peter Pallot, General Manager, Sunshine Coast Airport
- Russell Mason, Chief Executive Officer, Tourism Sunshine Coast
- Michael Arnett, Chair, UNISCITI
- Sally Morris and Alex Tedman, School Captains, Matthew Flinders Anglican College
A media kit will be provided to all media representatives.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.