- Friday 15 September 2017
Council has provided a list of water refill points available to private property residents for small domestic quantities of water.
Council is working with commercial water providers, some of which have stopped taking orders until October due to high demand, to determine commercial water supply point issues and the worst affected areas.
Council is continuing to work in close partnership with Unitywater to try and establish more large quantity filling points across the region to assist commercial operators and to speed up water deliveries to our community.
With no rain on the forecast horizon, residents living on water tanks are encouraged to take advantage of the small quality refill stations and to also take ongoing action to preserve their current supplies.
Evidence provided from commercial operators suggests that hundreds of properties may now be suffering water shortages. Residents are encouraged to order water before they run out, due to the possible three week or longer waiting time.
Each of the following locations has one tap and hose outlet available for immediate free public use.
- Beerburrum – Parrot Park, Beerburrum Rd
- Beerwah – Mill Park, Simpson St
- Eumundi – Old Eumundi Sports Field, Memorial Drive-Eumundi (attached to toilet block)
- Glass House Mountains – Rotary Settlers Park, Burgess St
- Kenilworth – Kenilworth Town Park, Elizabeth St
- Landsborough – Peace Memorial Park Oval, Landsborough Maleny Rd
- Maleny – Cooke Park, Cnr Fig St & Maple St
- Maleny – Porters Farm Park, Cnr Fig St & Willow Lane
- Nambour – Tuckers Creek rest area, City View Tce
- Nambour – Cilento Park, Waterfall Rd
- North Arm – Monak Rd, North Arm
- Palmwoods – Sir Francis Nicklin Park, Wiston Rd
- Palmwoods – Kolora Park, Chevallum Palmwoods Rd
- Palmwoods – Lemon Park, Landershute Rd
- Woombye – Paynter Creek rest area, Foley Rd
- Woombye – Woombye Memorial Park, Bart St
- Yandina – Lions Park, Nambour North Connection Rd
View a map of the locations.
All council public toilet and public shower facilities are also available to the general public as required. Note: This does not include local sports facilities, as these are not operated by council.
If you are experiencing financial hardship due to current weather conditions and lack of rainfall and require assistance, please contact your local community welfare organisation or charity to discuss your situation.