- Tuesday 13 October 2015
Sunshine Coast Council today released a map of significant developments during 2014/15, highlighting the diversity of development types as well as their broad geographic spread across the region.
Mayor Mark Jamieson said the Significant Developments Map 2015 gave a clear insight into the larger developments that have either been approved or lodged through council’s system between September 2014 and September 2015.
“This map provides a handy visual snapshot of the type of development that is planned and where it is happening across the Sunshine Coast,” Mayor Jamieson said.
“At a glance, we can clearly see high level details of both lodged and approved subdivisions, residential developments, commercial/industrial developments, community facilities and building approvals.
“Particularly important is the fact that significant development is not only obvious along the Enterprise Corridor between the airport and Caloundra, but also across the region’s hinterland communities, from Yandina to Glass House Mountains.
“With building approvals in excess of $1 billion for the third consecutive year, the confidence in the Sunshine Coast’s building and construction industry is contributing to positive economic growth and investment opportunities.
“Helping to position the region as a leading economic and urban centre in Australia, the steady and consistent growth of development across the region fits with Council’s strategic approach as we shape a positive future for the Sunshine Coast.”
The Significant Developments Map displays the locations and various types of development across the Sunshine Coast and, when read in tandem with the recently-released Building Approvals Heat Map, provides further details on the current hot spots of development activity in the region.
Significant developments include:
- 226 Unit Retirement Village at Camp Flat Road, Bli Bli – Approved MCU14/0122
- 224 Unit Resort with Water Park Tourist Attraction at Steve Irwin Way, Glenview – Approved MCU14/0098
- 221 Multiple Dwelling Units at Owen Creek Road, Forest Glen – Approved MCU14/0132
- 218 Unit Aged Care Facility re-development at Carter Road, Nambour – Lodged MCU15/0184
- 175 Multiple Dwelling Units and Community Centre at Parklands Boulevard, Little Mountain – Lodged MCU15/0042
- 163 Lots at North Ridge Avenue, Peregian Springs – Approved REC14/0123
- 159 Multiple Dwelling Units at River Esplanade, Mooloolaba – Lodged MCU15/0138
- 145 Lots at Sunshine Cove, Maroochydore – Approved REC14/0052
- 145 Lots at Maroochy Boulevard, Maroochydore – Lodged REC15/0102
- 145 Bed Aged Care Facility at Riveraine Avenue, Warana – Lodged MCU15/0186
- 143 Multiple Dwelling Units, Shops and Offices at Memorial Avenue, Maroochydore – Lodged MCU15/0126
- 138 Lots at Fisherman’s Road, Kuluin – Approved REC12/0112
- 121 Lots at 50 Abbotts Road, Palmwoods – Lodged REC14/0159
- $5.7m 31 multiple dwelling units at Shaw Street Meridan Plains – PC15/2868
- 30 Unit 8 Storey High-rise at Picnic Point Esplanade, Maroochydore – Lodged MCU15/0164
- 24 Unit 9 storey High-rise at Brisbane Road, Mooloolaba – Lodged MCU15/0173
- Youi Office at Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs – Lodged MCU15/0045
- Sand Mining Extractive Industry at Maroochydore Road, Forest Glen – Lodged MCU15/0030
- Shopping Centre Extension at University Way, Sippy Downs – Lodged MCU15/0085
- Shopping Centre, Hotel & Offices at Bli Bli Road, Bli Bli – Lodged MCU15/0168
- Shopping Centre at Jones Road, Buderim – Lodged MCU15/0192
- Supermarket Aldi at Sunrise Drive, Maroochydore – Lodged MCU15/0196
- $5.3M Golf Course at David Low Way Bli Bli – Approved PC13/2965
- Solar Farm Renewable Energy Facility at Yandina-Coolum Road, Valdora – Approved MCU14/0161
- $19.2M 13 Storey Motel at Meta street, Mooloolaba – Approved PC15/4888
- $12.5M 74 Residential Apartments at Fiji Court, Parrearra – Approved PC14/0744
- $9.8M 50 Units at Stringybark Road, Buderim – Approved PC15/4851
- $4.3M Maroochydore RSL additions at George Street, Maroochydore – Approved PC15/5197
- $2M Service Station at Pelican Waters Boulevard, Pelican Waters – Approved PC15/3142
- $2M Industrial Building at Caloundra Road, Little Mountain – Approved PC15/4134
Further information on development applications can be viewed on PD Online