- Friday 25 July 2008
With nominations open in this year’s Queensland Regional Achievement & Community Awards, Mayor Bob Abbot says now is the time to give praise and thanks to our community leaders, through our volunteers our community service employees, our local festivals and events and our leading businesses.
“Sunshine Coast Regional Council is proud to support this event. I would encourage you to nominate and give recognition to the terrific people that make significant contributions to our community.”
Nominations are now open in seven categories:
- The Salvation Army Employment Plus Business & Employment Award
- The MacAir Airlines Events & Tourism Award
- The Coffee Club Arts & Culture Award
- The Bartercard Regional Service Award
- The Golden Circle Environment & Landcare Award
- The Golding Contractors Youth Leadership Award
- The Kleenheat Gas Community of the Year Award
The Major presenters and prize patrons are offering the winners great television exposure thanks to Southern Cross Television, or a $2,500 AwardSaver accounts thanks to the Commonwealth Bank.
The program is designed to reward and acknowledge our unsung heroes, the Awards are proudly sponsored by the Departments of Main Roads and Local Government through the Blueprint for the Bush Strategy.
Award criteria and nomination forms are available from local council offices or by phoning the local Awards office on 1300 735 445 or visit the website www.awardsaustralia.com.
Nominations close 12 September 2008