- Monday 18 January 2016
Sunshine Coast Council rates notices will land in the letterboxes and email accounts of more than 130,000 properties this week.
Deputy Mayor Chris Thompson said ratepayers weren’t in for any surprises in this second rates run of the 2015/16 financial year.
“There is no increase in property rates however ratepayers are reminded they won’t see the one off $16.91 carbon tax rebate that appeared on their July rate notices,” Cr Thompson said.
“Council has retained discounts for eligible pensioners and the early bird discount still applies.
“Ratepayers can save 5% on their general rates, up to a maximum of $100 each six months, by paying before the Friday, February 19 due date.”
A range of convenient payment options are available including online, BPAY, by phone on 131 816, in person at Australia Post or at one of council’s Customer Contact Centres or by mail.
To make it easier for ratepayers, a regular direct debit can be set up to have rates paid in full by the due date.
In keeping with Council’s vision to become more sustainable, ratepayers can now register to receive their rates notice by email. Simply go to MyCouncil, log on to mycouncil.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.
To assist with online or over-the-phone payments, property owners will need their payment reference number that can be found on their rates notice.
Ratepayers who cannot make payment by the due date are encouraged to enter into an arrangement to pay their current rates by instalments. Ratepayers can complete an online application on council’s website or phone council’s customer service centre.
For rates inquiries, email council at email@example.com or phone (07) 5475 7542 between 8.15am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information about rates notices, visit council’s website.
FACT BOX – HOW TO PAY YOUR RATES
- Online payment – available 24/7 through council’s website (follow the Online Payments link on the homepage)
- BPAY - if registered with your financial institution
- Phone 131 816 - from anywhere in Australia using a credit card
- Australia Post – pay in person with cash, cheque or EFTPOS
- Customer Contact Centres – pay in person from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (locations listed on the bottom of rates notice)
- Mail – pay using cheque or money order to Sunshine Coast, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre 4560