- Monday 14 August 2017
The globally renowned REMIX Academy Summit returns to the Sunshine Coast as a part of Horizon Festival with an incredible line-up of speakers.
REMIX Academy Summits bring together thought leaders from across different industries to tackle the big ideas shaping the future of the creative industries and the creative economy.
This special summit at USC Sunshine Coast on Friday, September 1, has been developed to explore the ingredients needed to nurture creative places and communities.
The one-day summit invites the national and international experts to provide insights on how the arts can influence and shape urban development projects, how we think about holistic place-making and the infrastructure of cities, whether the growth of a creative city is largely organic or whether it can be engineered through policy and investment and how we balance top down with community empowerment and grassroots cultural activity.
- Lori Martin - Senior Cultural Affairs Officer, City of Toronto
- Marina Guo - Founder and president, Huashan Multiversity; Rotating Chair, China Innovation Service Alliance for Culture & Technology; Vice Director, John Howkins Research Center on Creative Economy, STA; DBA Supervisor, Shanghai Jiaotong University; Guest Professor, Berlin School of Creative Leadership
- James Winter - Director, Brand X
- Ania Pilipenko - Co-founder, Holzmarkt Project, Berlin
- Peter Tullin - Co-founder, CultureLabel.com & REMIX Summits
- Simon Cronshaw - Co-founder, CultureLabel.com & REMIX Summits
- Bonnie Shaw - Strategy lead, Smart City Office at City of Melbourne
The summit also includes a panel discussion with:
- Bianca Beetson - Artist, lecturer, Gubbi Gubbi woman
- Jamie Franklin - Sunshine Coast Council, Team Leader, Placemaking
- Dr Carol Major - Advanced narratives
- Chiray Fitton - Principal, Montessori International College
After the summit, join fellow attendees and celebrate the end of an insightful and inspiring day at Post-MIX.
This year’s Post-MIX event will be hosted by the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast – A place Where Innovation Lives and Entrepreneurs Thrive.
Meet the CEO, team and some of the 40 start-up and high growth companies over networking drinks.
Check out some of the new innovations and find out why Bernard Salt and Mark Sowerby believe the Sunshine Coast has become the entrepreneurial capital of Australia.
REMIX Academy Summit Sunshine Coast
Friday, September 1, 8am-6pm
USC Innovation Centre
Secure your tickets now at http://www.remixsummits.com/sunshine-coast