- Wednesday 23 November 2022
Community consultation is now underway for a proposed amendment to the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014 relating to Site Specific and Editorial Matters.
Acting Council Group Executive Customer and Planning Services Stephen Patey said the proposed amendment changed the zoning, maximum building height, local plan precincts/elements and/or planning scheme provisions relating to a small number of specific sites located in the Buderim, Maroochydore/Kuluin, Mooloolaba/Alexandra Headland, Peregian South, Sippy Downs, Woombye and Yandina Local Plan areas.
“The proposed changes generally reflect an existing development approval or existing or desired future land use, respond to council property related matters, a council resolution or identified mapping anomalies,” Mr Patey said.
People can have their say on the proposed planning scheme amendment until 4.30pm Monday, December 19.
Please refer to council’s Have Your Say website to provide feedback and for further information.
There are a few reasons why council makes amendments to its planning scheme, such as:
- To incorporate the outcomes of new local area or site planning processes which have been undertaken since the commencement of the planning scheme
- To respond to new or changed State government legislation or planning policy that is required to be reflected in the planning scheme (e.g. the Planning Act 2016, ShapingSEQ South East Queensland Regional Plan 2017 and State Planning Policy 2017)
- To respond to emerging issues which were not thought significant when the planning scheme was prepared but have become more important over time
- To respond to major changes in economic, social or environmental conditions that have occurred since the planning scheme was prepared (noting that the plan-making process was several years in the making)
- To rectify errors or inconsistencies that have been identified during the ongoing operation of the planning scheme.
More specific information about the proposed planning scheme amendment is available by emailing: email@example.com.
Information on previous planning scheme amendments can be found here (https://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Development/Planning-Documents/Sunshine-Coast-Planning-Scheme-2014/Amendments-to-the-Sunshine-Coast-Planning-Scheme-2014).