- Monday 26 July 2021
Burn location: Town Reserve, Sugar Bag Road, Caloundra West
Date: Tuesday 27 July 2021
Time: Approximately 10am to 3pm
A section of Town Reserve, Sugar Bag Road, Caloundra West, will undergo a prescribed burn on Tuesday 27 July, 2021, between 10am and 3pm, weather permitting, as a component of Sunshine Coast Council’s Bushfire Management Program.
A three-hectare section of land is planned to be burnt and smoke impacts to surrounding residents and road users are expected to be minimal. Some access and mountain bike trails will be closed during burn operations. Please follow signage for safety.
Smoke will be noticed in immediate areas surrounding Town Reserve, including the following roads:
• Mark Road East
• Enterprise Street
• Exeter Way
• Newing Way
• Satinwood Court
• Lancewood Street
• Birch Street
• Lawman Street
• Hans Street
• Lynne Street
• Industrial Avenue
• Nicklin Way
• Smoke plumes may be noticed from further afield.
To reduce the impact on animals, a fauna corridor will be maintained for wildlife.
• help to reduce the amount of fuel on the ground before bushfire season
• help to lessen the intensity of any subsequent bushfires
• help plant species to survive that rely on fire to regenerate.
• Any threats to life and property call 000.
• Any residents affected by smoke are advised to close windows and doors, utilise air-conditioning and keep respiratory medication close at hand. Seek medical advice if you are susceptible to smoke impacts.
• As a precaution, road users are advised to drive to suit conditions with the potential for smoke to reduce visibility.
Residual smoke may be experienced for up to one day.