- Monday 23 August 2021
A 4.5-hectare section of land is planned to be burnt and smoke impacts to surrounding residents and road users are expected to be minimal.
The reserve will be closed during burn operations and for at least a day following the burn. For safety, please comply with signage.
Smoke will be noticed in immediate areas surrounding Jill Chamberlain Bushland Reserve, including the following roads:
• Caloundra Road
• Sugar Bag Road
• Stradbroke Drive
• Old Caloundra Road
• Bellvista Boulevard
• Mark Road WEST
• Latcham Drive
• Ridgewood Road
• Ironbark Road
• Winchester Road
• Smoke plumes may be noticed from further afield.
To reduce the impact on animals, a fauna corridor will be maintained for wildlife.
• help to reduce the amount of fuel on the ground before bushfire season
• help to lessen the intensity of any subsequent bushfires
• help plant species to survive that rely on fire to regenerate.
• Any threats to life and property call 000.
• Any residents affected by smoke are advised to close windows and doors, utilise air-conditioning and keep respiratory medication close at hand. Seek medical advice if you are susceptible to smoke impacts.
• As a precaution, road users are advised to drive to suit conditions with the potential for smoke to reduce visibility.
Residual smoke may be experienced for up to two days.