- Wednesday 28 August 2013
Sunshine Coast Council has adopted a master plan for the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve and adjoining Mooloolah Pony Club providing a long term strategy for the next 15 years.
Place Design portfolio holder Councillor Greg Rogerson said the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve Master Plan provides a tactical vision for the site, identifying what it will look like and how it will function from now until 2028.
“The development of the master plan stems from council’s Sunshine Coast Sport and Active Recreation Plan 2011 – 2026 and will provide guidance for the long term development of the site to maximise its use by the community,” Cr Rogerson said.
Division 5 Councillor Jenny McKay said the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve is an integral active recreation and community facility servicing the Mooloolah Valley community.
“A master plan works with existing site attributes to ensure new features complement and enhance community use,” Cr McKay said.
“Throughout the plan’s development, trends, population projections and usage patterns were analysed, together with extensive community consultation including individual meetings, community displays and surveys.
“The Mooloolah community is absolutely delighted with this master plan which now gives them ability to source their own funds to start to implement some of the aspects outlined in the plan.”
Key features of the master plan include:
- improving access to the reserve through improvements to entry, signage, drainage car parking and removal of old fencing and miscellaneous rubbish
- the provision of picnic shelters
- refurbishment of the toilet block including improved access pathway and lighting
- the installation of infrastructure to support Mooloolah Pony Club operations including equipment storage facilities and lighting
- investigating shared use opportunities for Mooloolah Pony Club clubhouse and grounds.
The final master plan will be presented by council officers at the next Mooloolah Valley Community and Business Breakfast meeting on Thursday 5 September.