- Friday 24 April 2009
What: Workshop on sustainable alternatives for sewage treatment plant upgrades
Where: Lakeview Room, Kawana Community Centre, Sportsman’s Drive Bokarina
When: Monday 27 April 2009
Time: 9am – 5.00pm
Media opportunities to interview workshop participants will be during the morning tea break from 10.30am – 11am
A facilitated workshop reviewing integrated water management strategies will be held next Monday at the Kawana Community Centre.
Media are invited to observe this important workshop that supports Council’s commitment to becoming Australia’s most sustainable region.
The workshop will review
- total water cycle management strategies as experienced by industry participants
- possible alternative solutions
- a sustainability framework and assessment criteria
Attending from Council will be:
- Mayor Bob Abbot
- CEO John Knaggs
- Service Delivery Committee members Councillor Debbie Blumel, Councillor Paul Tatton, Councillor Ted Hungerford, Councillor Jenny McKay
- Councillors Vivien Griffin, Tim Dwyer
- Environment Portfolio Chair Councillor Keryn Jones
- Management representatives from Sunshine Coast Water, Environment, Strategic Planning
Other attendees include representatives and professionals from regulators, academia and the water industry.