- Monday 25 January 2010
Mayor Bob Abbot accompanied by several distinguished guests will present at the Citizenship Ceremony in Tewantin at 9am on Australia Day, Tuesday 26 January.
Special guests attending the ceremony will include:
- Brooke Hanson - Master of Ceremonies
- Mr Glen Elmes - State Member of Parliament for Noosa
- Mr Bob Abbot – Mayor for the Sunshine Coast
- Councillor Lew Brennan – Division 12
- Mr John Buchanan - guest speaker and Australia Day Ambassador
- Mr Lyndon Davies and support dancers - the Gubbi Gubbi Dance Group for the Sunshine Coast Region
- Samantha Martin and Michael Butler - International Film Makers based on the Sunshine Coast
The ceremony will feature speeches and presentations by guests, including performances by the Gubbi Gubbi Dance Group and international film stars Samantha Martin and Michael Butler.
Mayor Bob Abbot will preside over the formal citizenship ceremony and present all new recipients with their certificates.
Following the ceremony will be a photo opportunity with Brooke and Mayor Abbott for new citizens and a celebratory lunch.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY
7am Rotary Great Aussie Breakfast
8am Bush Band, Flotilla, classic cars
9am Sunshine Coast Regional Council Citizenship Ceremony
11am Local Legends Awards
12.30pm Bush band, face and rock painting, magicians, jugglers, wandering musicians, jumping castle, and merry-go-round
Lions food vans and stalls all day