- Tuesday 27 May 2014
Time is running out for emerging young artists to enter the inaugural Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2014 New Media category, presented by Analogue Digital and the University of the Sunshine Coast with prizes valued at $15,000.
This exciting New Media category is open to any emerging artist aged 15 to 30 years, in the first five years of their practise, who resides in the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area.
Entries close on August 11, with an application fee of $20 for any new media artwork such as a digital projection, moving image, still digital image, digital photograph, soundscape or new media installation.
Prizes for the New Media category include:
- $2,500 cash
- a mentorship from Earthbase Productions valued at $3,000
- a $2,500 public art project and mentoring for a selected entrant, presented by James Birrell Design Lab
- in-kind design and web promotional advice provided by Analogue Digital for a selected entrant and the opportunity to showcase at Analogue Digital Brisbane 2015 for a selected applicant, valued at $2,500
- a public exhibition of the artist’s work at a venue to be determined supported by Caloundra Regional Gallery staff, valued at $2,000
- a four week residency at The Old Ambulance Station, Nambour and a resulting exhibition in the Ground Zero Gallery, The Old Ambulance Station for the selected applicant.
Ten finalists will be chosen to be exhibited at Caloundra Regional Gallery in February 2015.
Sunshine Coast Council gratefully acknowledges the following supporters of the Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2014.
Sunshine Coast Art Prize Sponsors
- Friends of Caloundra Regional Gallery Inc.
- The Proost-De Deyne Family
- Analogue Digital
- Fresh PR and Marketing
- Sunshine Coast Innovation Centre
- SCAIP Inc
- James Birrell Design Lab.
- Tamarind Spicers
- Rumba Resort
- Red Chair Productions
- Sunshine Coast Theatre Alliance
- Arley Farm
- Sunshine Coast Destination Ltd
- Positive Solutions
- University of the Sunshine Coast Gallery
- Arts Connect Inc.
- Earthbase Productions
- Beachcomber on the Spit, Mooloolaba
- Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce
- Regional Development Australia
- Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance
- TAFE Queensland East Coast (formerly known as Sunshine Coast TAFE)
- Immanuel Arts Festival.
- SALT Magazine
- 92.7 Mix FM
- My Weekly Preview.
Caloundra Regional Gallery is owned and operated by the Sunshine Coast Council. Located at 22 Omrah Avenue, the Gallery is open Wednesday to Sunday 10am to 4pm.