Learn more about Coast broadband – and win an iPad2
  • Wednesday 17 August 2011

Sign up to www.broadbandtoday.com.au and be in the draw to win an Apple iPad2!

Sunshine Coast residents are being encouraged to log on to give their opinion on all matters broadband. If you subscribe through the remainder of August, you'll enter the competition to win an iPAD2 worth $700.

With the Federal Government's announcement of the rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN), we are all keen to know when it will reach this area.

The good news which could influence how quickly we get it here is that NBN Co is taking a special interest in the Coast due to Sunshine Coast Council’s own efforts.

Council has been driving the establishment of the Broadband Today Alliance, which has more than 112 local governments across Australia advising business, government and the public on what the NBN has to offer. The BBTA is working in collaboration to share ideas and harness potential, including through the establishment of www.broadbandtoday.com.au to maximise the development and usage of the NBN to its full potential.

The iPAD2 winner will be announced within a week of the August 31 closing date and notified by telephone.

About NBN:

Implementation of the NBN is expected to be fully completed by 2020. It will deliver internet speeds of 100Mbps (megabits per second) to 93% of Australian homes and businesses, with the remaining 7% of the population being served by wireless and satellite technologies.

Currently most Australians can only access a maximum of ADSL+2 which carries a maximum of 20Mbps. In simple terms, the NBN will provide broadband many times faster than what is available today.


NBN Co was created on 9 August 2009 and is a wholly-owned Commonwealth company. It was created to deliver Australia's first national wholesale-only, open access broadband network to all Australians, regardless of where they live. Visit NBN Co'swebsite for more information.