- Thursday 11 August 2016
A new round of free cycling workshops will soon be held across the Sunshine Coast to encourage more residents to enjoy fun and fitness on two wheels.
Sign up now to book your spot.
The series of workshops is run by accredited instructors and includes:
- Basic Cycling Skills for Female Riders – teaches handling and technique such as gearing, cornering, road rules and etiquette
- Sunday Social Rides – teaches pathway etiquette
- Children’s Intermediate Cycling Course – suitable for children ages 6+, teaches bike handling skills and road awareness. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Basic Bike Maintenance – learn how to fix a flat tyre, keep key parts clear, lubricate and make basic adjustments
- Commuter Cycle Training – designed for intermediate cyclists who would like to gain some valuable tips on commuting. With Ride2Work Day fast approaching this is the perfect time to ditch the car, brush up on your road safety and bike handling skills.
Why sign up?
- Research shows that cycling skills workshops are proven to improve your awareness and confidence, which help prevent accidents and injuries.*
- The Sunshine Coast has wonderful pathways, which often take in some great views. The Sunday Social Rides will showcase some of the Coast’s best natural assets.
- Cycling has many health benefits and is a rewarding, fun and cheap way to get from A to B (which also helps the environment).
Participants are asked to bring their own bike.
*Research: Bicycle Safety Education for Children From a Developmental And Learning Perspective, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (2014); Impact evaluation of adult cycle training through the AustCycle program 2010 – 2013, University of Sydney and AustCycle (2013).