- Wednesday 16 August 2017
Young aspiring Sunshine Coast eco film-makers and environmentalists have just a few days left to submit their short two-minute documentary-style film featuring the Coast's brilliant biodiversity.
Winning entries will bag some awesome prizes, including a GoPro camera, and will be showcased at an awards ceremony as part of this year’s Horizon Festival.
Films can be up to two minutes long and focus on any of the following themes:
- Relationships matter: people, places and the environment
- Creepy crawlies: Insects and bugs
- Funky flora and fungi: Plants, fungi and lichen
- Sunshine Coast iconic places: Geology and nature combine spectacularly
- Discovering the life of birds
- Wildlife after dark
- Reptiles and frogs
- History and change
Anyone under 18 years of age and living on the Sunshine Coast can enter, with entries closing on Friday, August 18.
Full details on how to enter this exciting competition are available at www.marycairncross.com.au